Monday, March 29, 2010

Easy Chicken Roast


I am back on this blog after a long time. I had posted this image, along with a few others , maybe a couple of months back, and since then, did not find time to update the posts with at least some amount of texts. I am sure, whoever took even the slightest bit of interest in my blog, has surely taken a few steps back again, seeing my 'procrastination'!!

Anyway, I have decided to update my blogs as soon as possible, and to begin with, I am posting the recipe of this super easy chicken roast, which looks good, as well as tastes good, and is a good filler, along with garlic bread or savored alone. There is nothing very special about the recipe. I wanted to try out the 'roast' mode of my OTG :), and didn't thing suddenly getting a whole chicken to be roasted just for trial, to be a great idea. So I rather got the boneless chicken breast pieces, mixed them almost the same way as I would when making grilled tandoori chicken, and instead of setting my O-T-G to the 'grill' mode, I set it to the 'roast' mode.

The best part about this recipe is that it is completely oil-free ( except the fat of the chicken, if there was any! )

Ingredients:
  1. Boneless chicken breast pieces -500 grams
  2. Sour Curd- 5 tbsp
  3. Tandoori Masala -2 tsp
  4. Ginger-Garlic-Onion paste - 5tsp
  5. Salt to taste
  6. Tomatoes- 2 large, diced
  7. Carrot- 1 medium, diced
  8. Capsicum- 1 large, cut into thick strips
  9. Onion- 1 large, diced

Procedure:

SUPER EASY !!

  1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, and let marinate for at least half an hour, if possible more. Ideally, I feel chicken should be marinated overnight for best tastes.
  2. Arrange the chicken pieces, along with the vegetable pieces in a wide baking dish.
  3. Roast at 150 degree centigrade for 30 minutes or until cooked.
  4. Serve hot.

1 comment: